About our College
St Francis of Assisi College provides excellent Catholic education for Year 7 to 12 students.
We provide an innovative and contemporary education tailored to students, their families and communities, leading to a life-long love of learning. It is a place of imagination where personalised learning, collaboration and interactive technology enable authentic and deep learning experiences.
With founding principles guided by Integral Ecology and the example of St Francis of Assisi, the College is a safe, supportive learning environment that has the future in mind whilst bringing with it the traditions loved and valued in Catholic education.
Our College ethos centres around care for each other, the environment and our local and broader community. We will foster an environment grounded in acceptance and kindness, where all are welcome.
At St Francis of Assisi College we invite students to learn in harmony with who they are and where they live, emerging as joyful young people and conscious contributors to our Riverland region and beyond. Students are encouraged to use their voices and lives for good, transforming into influential leaders who seek to enhance the world we all share.
The College is a nurturing environment that supports the achievement of optimal learning outcomes for all, incorporating support, diversity and flexibility through curriculum.
Since our opening in February 2022, our College and school community has purposefully strived to grow together, developing the culture we want. We are a place where young people thrive, feel confident in themselves and courageous in their learning and connections.
What we believe
Every person’s unique existence shapes the beautifully intertwined creation that is our world.
At St Francis of Assisi College, we invite students to learn in harmony with who they are and where they live, emerging as joyful young people and conscious contributors to our Riverland region and beyond.
Guided by our theology of integral ecology and inspired by St Francis of Assisi, patron saint of the environment, we deliver an excellent secondary Catholic education and open pathways to a faith-filled life of hope.
Our contemporary learning is innovative in its design, embracing the fundamental role of community in nurturing deep and respectful relationships with self, others and the earth, our common home.
Every person has a place here. We foster and environment grounded in acceptance and kindness, where we purposefully welcome and care for all.
Inspired by Jesus and Gospel values of compassion and integrity, students are encouraged to use their voices and lives for good, transforming into influential leaders who seek to enhance the world we all share.
St Francis of Assisi College. Growing in Harmony.
St Francis of Assisi College is a vibrant, transformative and pastoral learning community where:
- Students know themselves well, view challenges and issues from a variety of perspectives, and engage with others to create innovative solutions using existing resources and new and emerging technologies.
- The school community strives for social and ecological justice and, in practical application, make a difference in the lives of others.
- There is a culture of courage and appropriate risk-taking encouraged in the learning context, allowing space for new ideas and new creations to flourish.
- Reflection and celebration are integral in every iteration of learning.
- An integrated curriculum provides a holistic education where heart, mind, and body - academic, spiritual, social, emotional, cultural and physical elements - are considered.
- We work to transcend awareness into action so that we live out the understanding that we are part of a community. We are all stewards who are called to develop a worldview of empathy, responsibility and meaningful work.
- The school community is grounded in acceptance, compassion and service.
- Inspired by faith and in partnership with families and our wider community, the College creates opportunities to raise hearts and minds and for young people to encounter life in all its richness.
Our vision is guided by the rich regional context, the wide community of the Riverland and the hopes of our students and families.
We endeavour to provide an innovative and contemporary educational environment that resonates with students, families and community, leading to a life-long love of learning and a strong and viable sense of global responsibility. We are creating a place of imagination where personalised learning, collaboration and adaptive, interactive technology enables authentic and deep experiences. The dignity of the child and their right to fulfil their greatest potential is at the heart of the school’s plan for young people entrusted in our care.
We aspire to create an environment of confidence, discovery, creativity, service, and agency. Committed to providing quality education, the school prepares students to be successful learners who develop interdependently, are conscious of themselves and respectful of others, and determined to make a difference within a rapidly changing world.